Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wish List

On our way to Moe's tonight (one day late, not kids night, but we needed to get out of the house) I asked H what he wanted for Christmas, more for entertainment than ideas. "A big tractor." "OH, a big tractor.""No a little tractor, no a tiny little tractor that L could play with, no that me and L could play with, no that L, Ek and me could play with." awww Simultaneously from the other side of the backseat, "Ya know what I want mommy, (little background info would be helpful, last week I bought a Nemo underwater camera for next summer to take to the Lake, etc for Ek to take pictures while swimming, etc, I saw it and knew next summer I would have wanted it, so I bought it, and she saw it), a Nemo camera for me, H and L so no one would have to share, that'd be awesome." I am not kidding, those words came out of their mouths at the same time. HA! So no help to the Christmas list, but it did provide a moment of comedy in my seat!


Speaking of wish lists, the Lord has provided my wish list for my dining room. J and I agree with each other before the Lord each year a few projects around the house. This year I wanted to work on the dining room. The Lord has given through the following, Mom and Dad gave me chairs years ago that were my grandmother's mothers, a table that was my Dad's parents, and a buffet that they bought early in marriage, Wow!, my neighbor Helen gave me a piano (who does that?) before she moved to Washington state, my new neighbor in Helen's home Tara gave me a light fixture because mine did not match at all, my aunt Holly came and helped me with sewing and recovering the chairs, Emma Jean gave me 2 plants and Grady came today to hang the light fixture. That is amazing. I am just so thankful and so pleased with my beautiful room. We should eat in there sometime! HA. No really, we should. I do love to sit in there and play the piano.

No comments: