Monday, October 13, 2008

Color Coveting

I want to write of the positives in life. I do consider myself an optimist. Unfortunately though, my life is not all happy. pause for a giggle. And I do want to remember the tough times so I won't see anytime as all green grass, and I want to always be thankful for where God has me in life. Ok, here's the story. Tonight for dinner, leftovers. Quick, easy and off to prayer, right? sigh. Two plates, blue and red. Now my sweet Ek sometimes likes to call red things pink because she loves pink and that makes the item even better in her eyes. Looking at the plates, blue for H, red for Ek. L, thankfully, has no opinion. Well, long drama short. If only I had clocked it, at least 10 minutes of crying erupted. All over the blue plate. J walks in the house in the middle of Ek's tears. "Who had the blue plate last night?" Oh no, that is way to easy and much too little drama. I even tried bringing out the UGA plate which is usually the most sought after plate. Not tonight. I tried letting them work it out. Finally, the both ate off white. That'll show 'em. No not really, H cried for 5 more minutes in time out. I think we will only eat off white for a week. As I write though, this does remind me of a certain red cup that was coveted by someone I know, who was that?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have a smile on my face...and sympathy in my heart! I picture John, model of calm concern, wanting to be rational...

It is good to remember every now and then that I can not leave off preaching the gospel in my home! We love you all...