Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just a little bee sting

I won't be using that expression anymore. We went to the park today for a Fall Family Fun Day with our church. Our Pastor has a huge heart for building relationships, we are so thankful for that. So at the park the kids played, they rented a big blow up slide and grilled burgers and dogs. I really want things to be "worth it" and want to encourage one another in truth when we gather, so, I felt the Lord laying a gospel presentation on my heart that I prayed over and was ready to present to the kids today. We were going to play, eat lunch, gospel presentation, play a few related games, play some more, go home. L got stung by a bee on both hands and H did too. sigh. It was so bad. We were hanging around the slide, L had been held the whole time, so I was letting her toddle around, 1 minute later, she starts to scream, I lean down to pick her up to see a yellow jacket in her hand. It was so sad, she cried and cried and cried. She wasn't really all that calm when a friend is bringing crying H to me. He also was stung on his hand. He cried for at least 30 minutes straight. J finally got him distracted by a soccer game and L finally fell asleep. This was before lunch, see above schedule. I just wanted to go home, I was so flustered and I just wanted the security of my bee free home. Thankfully my husband is a bit more stable. H perked up and wanted a sprite and a cookie. A friend held L while we ate. I did the gospel presentation, it went ok, not great, I was still flustered. But I did it because God is worthy, His Truth is worth speaking of again and again in all kinds of ways. 5 children who were just playing at the park came over to hear after we asked. And I am just confident that God's word does not return void but goes forth to accomplish its work, and that work may have just been in me and J, and that is worth it. H and L are fine, H got back on the slide, L didn't like us looking at it this evening but both were in a great mood... after their 3-4 hour nap... which just so happened to be while the game was on.

One funny moment amongst the stings, I was holding crying H sitting in the back of the car with the back open to the park, it was comfortable and away from the crowd, yet I could see what was going on. J was walking around with L, she gets upset when others are upset, and I look back at Ek, she is kneeling in H's car seat, eyes peering over the top. "What are you doing?" "Hiding from the bees." tee-hee-hee

1 comment:

Kim said...

One more way, Katharine, that you filled up in your flesh what was lacking in Christ's afflictions... Col. 1:24. He is honored in your life when you obey...but when you overcome to obey, you make Him look especially glorious. One day, you'll be able to share this verse with your sweet kids and tell them that they got to be a part of showing off how worthy He is. I'm grateful you persevered...and promise that your speech probably sounded a lot like 1 Cor. 1:27-29. That only means God will look better than ever! I love you...so sorry for those hurts to L and H!