Saturday, October 11, 2008

An up-close encounter

I've got to tell a story second hand. J just called from Athens and I belly laughed when he told me. He took his dad and his son to the game today, what a day. I really couldn't tell of the 3 who was the most excited. Mom called at half, though, to report she had H. J had called at the half to report he had enough. LOL. Well J called on the way home, with the sweet taste of victory over the Vols still in his voice to tell me that before Pops and Mopsey got him he walked down to the field level. H was just a callin for Hairy Dawg. "He can't hear me" was the sadness of H's heart. He calls and calls. Finally J gets his attention and he comes over, leans over the Hedges, puts out his hand... to H's absolute screaming! rats. J said Hairy just kinda backs away. H's reply "I didn't want to shake his hand close up, I wanted to shake it far away." Oh it still makes my tummy shake! What a good boy. I can't wait to hear all about it from my little H himself. because I know I will.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Katharine,
I just caught up on a week of your posts. Really enjoyed seeing the pictures. Your children are going to be really thankful for this journal or online scrapbook someday. Keep up the good work!
Darla