Friday, October 3, 2008

Going for a ride

Ek had the day off from school today. As I was still in bed at 7:10 this morning, really sleeping in!, I was thinking about what we should do. We could just sit around all day watching this cutie...
but we needed to get outside and love this wonderful cooler weather. Since Ek is now riding without training wheels and loving it, I was inspired to go get a baby seat for my red bike so I could keep riding it and we could all ride together. So off to Wal-mart and wouldn't you know it they had 2 to choose from. So while H was shooting bouncy balls into their cage, I studied and choose one for $20 less than the same on online, ya-hoo! Well, I will say, it is a huge hit (if only you could see H say 'huge'). Ek labored with me over the assembly during H and L nap time so we would be ready for a post-nap ride. And ride we did. L loved it. I loved it. H loved it. EK loved it. We couldn't wait for J to get home. In fact we delayed dinner until after dark so we all could ride. The look on Ek's face was so priceless. She rode at least 2 miles today on her bike. No kidding. We rode the length of the neighborhood just tonight, that is 1.2 mi. She talked constantly and even said she now liked bike riding better than swimming...we'll see next summer though! Pops will agree with me on that one, he's seen her in that lake!

No comments: