Sunday, October 12, 2008

Noah

This month in the nursery we are focusing on the story of Noah. Don't you just love Noah. What an amazing example of fearless obedience. Complete surrender-- I trust God, I will obey him. Wow did he ever get to see the provision of God. His amazing love for us and protection. Did I mention His provision? Wow! I have had a ball letting the kids point out the animals climbing onto the ark, but oh how I hope they get more than that. I love the picture of Noah on the ark after the rain has stopped, there is this huge picture of water and this little boat far far away, for drama, and a tiny little Noah with his arms outstretched. Can you even imagine what Noah thought when the rain stopped? The worship that must have come from his mouth. Or better yet, what was he thinking when the rain began? How badly I want to be obedient to God. I want Him to count me in on His plans. And I do hope so much that my kids will feel the same way. I have noticed lately how much more water my kids are drinking, this is not a change of subject, stay with me. Why? I have been and they drink after me. HA! So I pray, Lord help me to live for you, and help the little eyes around me see You.

No comments: