Monday, October 6, 2008

Blessing

I had the amazing blessing today of praying for a friend who is battling Cancer. She was told about 12 months ago that she had 6-12 months to live and believes God is sustaining her. She has a rare form of CA and is undergoing treatments in Maryland every several weeks. She is married and has 2 girls. I really don't know her well, I had just run into her around town several times in our time here in Dublin and just always loved seeing her. She is full of joy and peace. I was so shocked last year to know she was sick and have just prayed for her since.

God laid on my heart several weeks ago to call her and, although I put her on my to do list, I didn't call. Last week I felt that to not call was disobedience. I called her last week and scheduled to go see her this morning. This morning early God dropped Mark 5 into my lap. I was so grateful. The story was of the woman who had been bleeding and touched Jesus' cloak and was healed. I'm sorry that needs an exclamation point... and she was healed!!!!! Oh the power of our Savior! Our Creator and Redeemer is mighty to save. Mighty to save us from sin, from sickness and the power of death. She and I read the passage aloud and went to our Father who we know loves us and asked him for healing, for peace, for joy, for truth, for faith, for opportunities, for healing again. We prayed until we didn't want to stop. And we won't. Oh I'm so grateful to be His. And I can't wait to see what will happen in sweet Kathy's life. Oh the victory for Jesus that is being won. Oh the glory that has come to the Father through her life. Life in Jesus is sweet.

No comments: