Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Hunter's View

Today I watched the view from my rocking chair on the porch as if I was a hunter in a stand, as still as could be, not making a noise. I wasn't intending to shoot anything, although I really wanted to go get my camera, but I didn't dare distract the 3 little creatures who were playing on my porch! All 3, peacefully playing, without arguing, whining or hurting one another! All playing one game and interacting with great kindness and joy! It was such a sweet sight. The game? A family favorite... restaurant. H was the "sir", maybe waiter, may chef, I don't know... but he had a princess tea pot of water and was serving his sisters water and invisible chicken fingers. L's cup was a plastic yellow wine-shaped glass and Ek's was a plastic purple flower vase. I was served also, water and an salad and princess cupcake that looked an awful lot like a ball, and tasted like one too, but even more I was served a heaping serving of joy to see all 3 enjoying each other. How did it end? Not even in tears but a puddle none the less, they all 3 spilled their container onto the porch floor and I didn't even haft to clean it up. A glorious moment in my home. ahhh.




Other highlights form the day... Seeing my sweet oldest in complete joy dancing alongside her dear Caroline at the Mr. Al concert in Macon and getting to ride on a bus, wind blowing through our hair while we talked with her little friends.







L has decided she is quite big enough to feed herself. sigh. She "ate" an entire applesauce cup today, even finished it off my tipping it up. And yes, I agree, a bib would have been appropriate, there will be a next time. that deserves another sigh.... But she has also begun praying. LOL! She sits in her usual wide stance, bows her head low, talks and pops us again. How do I know this is praying? Its just like her siblings. And I'm sure our Heavenly Father loves it. One day maybe He'll even tell us what she said!




H woke up from his nap to me and not Mopsey. pause. deep breath. I tried to distract his cry of anguish to tell him cupcakes were baked during nap time (the ole diversion tactic taught to me my Mopsey herself). "But I want to eat a cupcake with Maaa-0ppp-seeeeee." me too H.

No comments: