Friday, October 17, 2008

Fresh Resolve



I was so blessed today by Christi, Shannon and Anna coming to visit. These 3 gals were huge in my life in Augusta while in nursing school. They were my friends, my support, my encouragement. What an amazing thing to sit in my kitchen at my table with them today. We talked and talked about life. It had been at least 7 years since we were all at the same place at the same time. Our conversation was different than it was then, yet very similar. We talked about where God has us and, amazingly, we are still in such similar life circumstances these years later. Between us we have 10 children ages 2 months to 5 years. We talked about the highs and lows of the last 7 years, we talked about our families. It was just really great. Our kids played so well together, we really didn't see much of them. H and Christy's Mary Claire made us a bit nervous, they kept eyeing us with eyes that said they were up to something, but all came away happy and tired and unhurt. whew. Anna told me as she was getting in her car that we were just like we were, I agreed yet said we were the same but a growing same. Still seeking God, still trying to live life well for Him. I talked with Christi about a hour after they left to report the missing Croc had resurfaced and I'm so glad I got to recap with her for a moment. We talked when everyone was here about how hard it is to get into the Word, but we talked at good length about how we could get there- pondering on a scripture purposefully throughout the day, listening to sermon podcasts, being a part of a young mom's Bible study- and Christi said she was encouraged that she wasn't alone in the difficulty of this battle, yet she was re energized to fight for the time. Wow, what a huge encouragement this was to me. Fresh Resolve from fellowship, this is why we continue to meet as Hebrews challenges us to, to stir one another up. What a great day.

No comments: