Monday, October 20, 2008

Bikes again

Ok we are on quite the bike kick these days! Yesterday Ek and I were outside, she was riding, I was watching from the front porch, L and H were asleep. We see a golf cart go by, which is a common occurrence, especially on the weekend. This one turns and comes our way. A friend from Ek's class was out with is dad. His dad was amazed that Ek could ride without training wheels and all of the sudden, very determined that his son could also. HA! He begged Ek to show his son, Ek was way to shy. So today, I am getting supper started and I have the door open to outside the garage, Ek and H are playing in the driveway, not my favorite but I let them for a minute sometimes. I peek out the door at them and the same father and son is back... this time with bikes. He had taught his son this afternoon. Ek is riding circles around him with the sweetest smile on her face. It was a hoot. The boy was a bit embarrassed but riding and trying. H was keeping right along with is training wheels. It was a fun sight. The dad was so proud, and I think the boy was too. The dad was also quite proud of Ek for inspiring him, I do hope she will continue to inspire her whole life. I should have run in to get my camera, next time I will.

No comments: