Thursday, October 15, 2009

Puppy Love

This morning, L was quite distraught to see that puppy was dirty. Same dirty he had been last night when they went to sleep, but she thought he needed a bath, ASAP. So H decided to throw his in as well. I can't help to think of the Calvin & Hobbs comic strip when Hobbs would have to take baths, he was very upset over his bath in the washer. The kids quickly pulled stools over to watch the puppies go up and down in the water, they were totally impressed. I had to drag them away to load them for school.
Before lunch there was a happy reunion between kids and puppies. H thought his was so clean he could easily be mistaken for replacement puppy!-- now that is clean, but not quite as fluffy, H added. I still think it is quite humorous that all 3 of mine sleep with a puppy and all call them 'puppy.' The others have been dropped for now, Teddy and Tigey have joined the crowd at the end of the bed while Duck and Lamby are one the floor between wall and crib. How thankful I am for their puppies who comfort them to sleep. And how I love the unity of all having a beloved 'puppy.'

Ek's puppy did not have a bath today, but here she is yesterday with her while avoiding breakfast and getting ready for school. This is why I love having a couch in my kitchen.

No comments: