Friday, October 30, 2009

Cans

This summer I was just feeling a longing in my heart to encourage my sweet daughter to think big and dream big and more importantly think about others. I really wanted to encourage her little class to do a project, i mean do a project that they could take ownership in. Well I mentioned it to the right person and Christy ran with it. I called the play, but she threw the pass and our team definitely scored a touchdown! A small little class project to collect cans turned into a 1st through 4th grade can drive in which they packaged the cans in bags to give away at FUMC. Monday I encouraged the first graders to be like the little boy who gave Jesus his lunch and Jesus multiplied it to feed thousands. I really wanted the kids to work for their cans and bring them in themselves, maybe do chores around the house or give out of a gift. So the kids brought in food all week and today the kids bagged the food. But first today, the kids gathered around the food and our headmaster prayed and encouraged the kids to be mindful of others in need because Jesus has given us that example. It was just a really great morning. My hope is that these kids would see how they can love God and do it. I told the Headmaster that I hope it won't be long before I hear one of mine say, "mom, I've got this great idea!" Maybe I'll get to be the cheerleader that day!





No comments: