Saturday, October 31, 2009

A morning with my farmer

and I had a great time at Farmer Brown Day. He was so excited about it. He was a bit confused about the details-- he thought he would get to ride a horse, he didn't. Like he would actually get on a horse. One day. He was very excited that he and his buddies W and J would all have matching hats and bandannas. Although I didn't actually ever see J wearing his. H's buddy W was unimpressed that they were not having Farmer Brown Day at a "real" farm. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the day-- tic tac toe with corn ears, a relay race with pumpkins, cookie decorating, face painting and H's favorite-- a hay ride behind a tractor. Instead of hot chocolate this year, we had Popsicles. I had a ball seeing H at school, interacting with his friends and his teachers. I love being in my kids environment. I love being with them.




H

1 comment:

Kim said...

Okay. I laughed so hard at him asking about riding the horse! My mind said exactly what you said! So fun that one day he'll conquer fear with a greater Fear of His Savior and Lord...and we'll think back to days like this and give all praise to God! Sweet, sweet pic at the end of you both. Grateful all over again for this tool I'm typing on. Love you all. Point at our pic and tell them how much we love you and that we prayed for you all tonight.