Friday, October 9, 2009

Pleasant Ek

I must say that Ek is about the most pleasant sick person I have ever been around. This girl is not only pleasant but I must say- tough. I do not do fevers like her. I lie in bed with my covers pulled to my chin and begging no one to enter the room. Ek, not so much. We have painted, put together puzzles, played hide and seek inside and out, played paper-rock-scissors, colored and colored, read books, wrote an adorable letter to her bf ("Dear C, thank you for praying for me. You are my best friend, love, Ek"), and ate a fair share of chicken noodle soup. Today I had to all but beg her to lay down a minute and watch some TV. We have really had a pleasant few days. I have laughed and smiled and just been so thankful for these little people who I get to share life with.

Here are a few pictures of our yesterday painting time when she proclaimed the following... "Mommy, isn't this the best day? I am so glad I got to stay home today. I am so glad I am not that sick! Isn't this just fun!" What a treat she is. She decided right away that when she was home from school that we should paint pictures of J and H. She told me I could do J because he was my husband and she would do H because he was her brother. love it. And please do not laugh at my painting, it was her idea, not mine. By the way, L only missed the potty once today, and that is amazing.

No comments: