Thursday, October 1, 2009

Praying H


H is a creature of habit. Most this age are. I rephrase-- all of us are. I remember when he first started praying out loud with real words, for the longest time his prayer was: quietly bowing head, closing eyes, closing hands, then quickly, 'thank you for the food amen.' and his little head would pop up so fast. If you were not prepared, you would miss it. Oh and did I mention this was his bedtime prayer as well. We didn't correct or add to it for the longest time, we just let him pray his own little prayer. Well now we are in another habit that I have no idea how long we have been in. Now when he prays, the consumption is thanking God for people in his life. If he prays at home, it is usually us and the extended family, if we are out with friends he prays for all at the table. I love most of all how he says, "Dear God, thank you for Daddy and for mommy, thank you for Ek, for L and for me." I say with all sincerity that I am so thankful that H thanks God for himself, I know I thank God for him.

No comments: