Thursday, October 22, 2009

Christmas Countdown

I feel like Christmas is quickly approaching-- mostly because the kids have been given the CD for the music of our Christmas program and it is all, I mean all, we are listening to in the car. It is suiting me fine because #1 it really is fun music, #2 they really do need to learn it, but also #3 they are learning a lot of good truth through it. Now I realize we have until Dec 6 to be listening to learn this music, so by then I may be done with these particular songs, but definitely not with the truth of them. H still seems to be a very auditory learner, so he is taking to the songs really well, so well that he is commonly singing them in a silly voice, which drives ek crazy. I do hope he continues to learn easily from listening, I think that would be a wonderful asset to him. Ek loves dancing to all the music we are hearing and every song has hand motions so hopefully she will be able to pick up on that quickly since we will miss so many practices because they interfere with Nutcracker rehearsal. And I would love to know what is going through L's mind as she listens to these songs over and over. Today they especially impressed me in one song they spell out "Come Emmanuel" and they both could without the music, by themselves. Not too sure when that will come in handy in everyday conversation but so fun to hear them learning these songs so well. It is making me ready for Christmas to come!

No comments: