Saturday, September 19, 2009

WE did it!

Last year, the kids and I pulled out of our neighborhood in the dark to go cheer j on to his first tri. I really wanted to join him this year, and I did! Thanks be to God for our health and our marriage. We were so blessed this year to pull out again in the dark , but his time with 2 bikes on back! The kids had to stay behind because Ek had her first Nutcracker rehearsal (big news there too, she gets to blow the horn in the battle scene and get carried off by a rat!), Emma Jean and Grady were so kind to spend the day with them, I think they all had fun! So the race re-cap. Not quite as nervous today, nice to have a few for experience. Swim was better, J swam all free style, I am still working on that. Bike was fun, the course wasn't quite as pretty as Indian Springs, but I got to see J twice and that was great fun. The run was so much better, I didn't walk at all and I saw J three times. I still don't know my result splits because they are not posted and I forgot my watch. My finish time was 1:20 and J's was 1:15. I finished 3rd for my age group and J thinks about 10th overall, I'll believe it when I see it. J finished 7th in his age group. There were about 300 participants and about 10 from Dublin. The race organizer really stressed how encouraged she was to see so many people pursuing a healthy life style and encouraged us to encourage our friends to get involved as well. Encouraging, fun day.

No comments: