Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Favorites Live

It is a big thing to summarize, but I had quite a pair of nights this weekend...

Friday night I was at Women of Faith, the highlight for me, for sure, was seeing Stephen Curtis Chapman sing, and seeing Mandisa open just before him. Saturday night we went to Glory Revealed here in Dublin and saw Mac Powell, Aaron Shust, Trevor Morgan and Laura Story sing. WOW! It was really just a big overwhelming to see these people who have inspired so much wonderful meditation on God and his Word, so much encouragement, so much just wonderful singing and worship to God. I am so thankful for brothers and sisters who have gone before in obedience to teach and encourage the body and it was just so fun to see them live! SCC was really so great, he seems to be such a man of integrity, he seemed to be one who lives out what he sings. And it was just so fun to see him singing with his sons behind him playing guitar and drums. It was a huge encouragement to hear his testimony and see him stand firmly proclaiming God's goodness and faithfulness. He quoted his son who was involved in the accident when he said that he used to think that faith meant having just the right answer for any question in regards to his faith but now he realizes that faith is having questions without answers and continuing to trust God. That encourages me! I also love that he said 2 days really matter, the day you are living today and the day we will stand in glory and how we live today is reflective of what we believe about the later. We live with victory as our destiny and I do hope my daily life reflects that. I will sing along with SCC now with a bit louder voice after seeing a little glimpse into his life.
So I get up Saturday morning and hurry home because I just couldn't wait a minute longer to see my little snaggle tooth! And I couldn't wait to be at Glory Revealed with J and all our friends! Ek came along too. We had great fun that morning talking with Laura Story's husband who actually was a Wofford the same time was Ben and in Greenville a the same time as Milly. It is always fun to make connections! And any time I get to claim any relation to Ben and Milly, I am always happy! So we head back that night for the concert. It was quite something to be about 15 yards away from those folks as they sang. Mac Powell was such a leader and encourager, he too seemed to really sing from conviction and walking closely with God. I loved seeing the joy he had singing and being on stage and the way her interacted with the others on stage. They seemed to be having a ball together. Aaron Shusts' song "My Savior, my God" has been one of my favorites for a while. It is the first song on my favorites playlist and it always makes me take a deep breath. And I got to see him sing it right in front of me! That was just too fun. Laura Story seemed to sing with such joy and it was really fun to see her parents grinning at her right beside me. And to be surrounded by just my dear friends and with J and Ek. I was truly so happy. Then to cap it all off we got to meet, greet and get pictures with the singers! Tee-hee-hee! I could actually talk to Aaron and Laura, but I was a bit too star struck by Mac. I should have thought about it a bit before I was standing next to him, but I totally lost all words. silly me.
It was really just an encouragement to hear testimony from these fellow believers and so nice to hear their struggles, obedience and joy in serving and singing.






No comments: