Sunday, September 13, 2009

Date night

Last night J and I went on a very loud and stressful date. It wasn't us fighting, it was a bunch of boys fighting it out on the football field. Thankfully the 'W' was credited to our side at the end, but it took a lot to get it there. Whew. It was a bit exhausting. It still remains something I love to do with J. I love to be with him, cheer with him and share in something he likes to do. It did get me thinking while there, of course. #1 How did that happen? How did a crowd of 92,746 people gather to watch a bunch of boys play football? Don't you know it just began with their mamas and daddies. Then their girlfriends came. And they brought a friend. Then they decided to bring chairs. Then their other friends decided to come because they didn't have anything to do. Then there was a line of chairs with a line of people behind them. Then the girlfriends started making up cheers to be silly. And before you knew it the stadium was being built and crammed full of people. It is just funny for me to think how far it came from a Saturday afternoon, 'why don't we play some ball' to the huge event and life that it is now. #2 It did feel a bit strange to throw my hands up and holler a bit. I do that now on a more regular basis on Sunday mornings, maybe not yelling quite as loud, but I was very aware that my hands were not going up in worship of the game or the boys. Not worship at all, just celebrating hard work and talented young boys that God has made. So it was fun, we yelled, we sang, we clapped, we shook our heads in disgust, we waited in agony as the ball scrambled, we high- fived, we hugged, we drank coke and ate popcorn, we saw old friends, we had fun with our new friends, we had fun with each other. Maybe I'll get to go again this season, we did win afterall, so I have fully recovered from the thought of me being bad luck at the Alabama game last year. Go Dawgs.

No comments: