Monday, September 7, 2009

Family

I am just amazed by 'family.' So grateful for mine. I know the word for so many people does not invoke many happy thoughts, and for those I am just beyond horribly so sad. My family is such a gift. My mom and dad are way too far beyond amazing. My brother could not be a greater brother or friend or leader or inspiration or encouragement to me. I am just so grateful. I just think that family is this gift from God and a pointing from him of who to love well. I am so grateful that there are these people that are so far away, that I have seldom seen in all my life, yet I love. I got to see several of those today as I went to Macon to see Meri, Meredith, Teresa, Addison and Avery. Meredith is about to move to LA (and no, not Lower Alabama) and yet I know I'll see her again, she is family, family doesn't give up. And now my family has grown, well now almost 10 years ago. 10 years! Gracious! Ok so I have another year to get there, but its coming. And this new family I love like crazy! A whole new set of never giving up, will know and love for ever people. And then it is also a year away since I got a sister! A sister! I mean how did that happen?! How did I get so blessed to get one as amazing as she it?! And their boys that I just feel like I could explode love for! And then I look at these little people who have filled my life. And I just think, wow!, how did this happen? How did I get so blessed to know these little people? How did I get so blessed to be trusted to love them? They feel like my own little dolls and yet so not my own. I do not control them, God has their plan. Oh, I hope I am loving them well enough. because I really do.

No comments: