Monday, September 21, 2009

Cheering Ek


I need to make a quick re-cap of last Friday night. Ek had been practicing after school and getting prepared to cheer at half time of the Trinity football game. She was a bit beyond excited. We arrived at the game with her borrowed cheerleading skirt and her "I scream, You scream, We all scream for our team" shirt on. We ate a quick dinner at the concession stand and she was about to explode to go find some friends. She just knew they were in the stands and I just didn't know how we would find them... I quickly found out how. Ek and I took off into the stands and one section in, I started hearing her name in tiny, but loud, girl voices. I felt like I was with a celebrity. Her friends we as excited as she was to be there and they were so happy to see each other.

Soon the older cheerleaders came to get them to take them to the field to perform. Ek later told us she was worried she would be a bit scared on the field but once she got out there she wasn't. She did a great job. They did several cheers, a dance and sign language to a song. On the way home, she said it was a best day ever. Since she keeps saying this phrase, I guess her life is getting better and better all the time. I do think I may have a cheerleader on my hands! So fun to see her healthy, active and having fun!
She also had great fun seeing K and M at the game. I love the look on M's face, why are you in my picture. L was also very happy to her her friend M. I didn't get their picture though, because L fell down and couldn't recover a smile for a picture, she needed her bed.
Fun night, fun to be at a TCS game!

No comments: