Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Out

Its out. The tooth that is. I called home after hearing Stephen Curtis Chapman! (don't worry, that post is coming) and didn't even get a word in because just moments earlier, in the car, in the dark, on the way home from McRae, Ek yanked it out, herself! "And it didn't even bleed!... but it does feel a bit squishy." I have never seen a child quite so proud of a gap in her mouth, she showed everyone for days, and told everyone that she did it. I think my favorite showing was to Sophia, Ek told me they had worked hard on it during lunch that day (her mother is a dental hygienist, maybe she has learned a thing or two) and Sophia gave her the biggest hug when she saw it, like she was so proud of her. Nothing like a good friend! It still surprises me a bit to see that little gap, and thankfully she doesn't look grown yet, no big tooth for a while. She has not put it under her pillow, I don't think she wants to let go of the tiny little thing.


No comments: