Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend in review: Overwhelmed

Sunday morning we went back to our beloved TBC. It was so wonderful to be there, to see faces we love and to hear music and teaching we loved. When we were in the Brindley's class I just started to tear up. I got to thinking about what those 4 years meant in our life, now that they are hindsight. They were so hard, we were so far from home, we worked so hard, there were so many life things that were built into us while we were there, how to be married, how to know God for ourselves, how to love those are us, how to love ourselves, how to love our babies. I guess I can see a bit more now of the amazing impact those years were. The time with especially the Brindleys and the Ranslebens and how well they loved us, how patient they were to just watch us slowly grow. I guess I just see now the fruit of their labor in us and I just couldn't help but well up a bit. Not to mention to sit in the class where I first brought Ek to church and to be with the people that loved her and watched me get ready for H. It was a hard place to walk away from and yet because of the time there I can. I know we are where we need to be. I know we are here now for the relationships that are here. And I'm really glad I've got the people in my home that stayed the same! And I'm so glad that God keeps making ways to see those out there in the Lone Star state that we do count family. I am so grateful to that those wonderful Texans keep a place for us in their lives as well. Ahhh, good weekend.

No comments: