Friday, March 27, 2009

I can't help but mention tonight also what today is. Today is the day my college Lauren went to be with Jesus. It is a bit sad to think of her today. She was quite a treasure in my life for that brief bit of time. I thought of her this afternoon as my L was eating animal crackers like she hadn't eaten before and wasn't sure if I would ever buy her animal crackers again-- For some reason animal crackers were a big staple in Lauren and my freshman diet. They almost always make me think of her. I have not bought them in months for us and thought is was a bit ironic to be eating them today. It is also a bit ironic all the running I've been doing lately with hopes of the big Half Marathon Sunday but am thankful to be home with my recovering husband. I was thinking today how good a run would be and I think I'll go in the morning in honor of Lauren who had such a passion for running and even got to run with the Olympic torch in 1996 in Atlanta. But mostly I think I'll go, as soon as I'm done writing, and go grab my best friend's hands now, my J who is watching bball in the living room, sit Indian style and pray, with great thanksgiving aloud as L and I used to do so often during those sweet days of first walking with the Lord back in 1997. She was a sweet friend. Thankful.

No comments: