Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just like Mommy

This winter Ek was very different to dress, ok really, she just got an opinion. sigh. She didn't want to wear as many dresses as she did and got to where she wanted to wear them less and less and then decided she didn't want to wear them at all. This made me quite sad because I loved her in dresses, they suited her! I wasn't quite sure what to do, I just didn't think she could cut out a whole category of clothes. Finally last week I got some insight. I was trying to help her pick out something for church, she only wanted to wear a skirt and shirt and I was trying to talk her into a dress, finally she said, "mommy, if I wear a dress, will you wear one?" ohhhhhh. so that's what is it about. She is paying very close attention these days. Last week we were shopping and I saw a dress, got to try it on. When I showed her the dress on me, she just gasped in delight. That's it, I thought. So I am trying and trying to find some fun skirt and shirt ideas for church, but its not easy. She is a very attentive little girl. I bought the dress and guess I need to wear them more if I want Ek to wear one. Today she wore a matching dress to L from last summer and they looked wonderful. I wore a skirt, I wore the new dress last night! At least now I know...

No comments: