Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reflections in the mirror

Today after Bible study H and L and I headed to the park for lunch with friends on this beautiful day. There was a huge crowd of us there, maybe 8 moms and a large group of beautiful playful happy children. Again, the bit hit was a wagon, I've got to get mine out! L thinks she is so big and had a ball, climbing the stairs, riding in the wagon, reporting to me to get another grape, greeting all the babies, she smiled and smiled. H had a great day too, his biggest fun, other than riding in the wagon with L was going down the big tunnel slide and under Kardyn's legs at the bottom. OH- after L had ridden in the wagon for like 20 minutes she got out and tried to pull 2 of H's friends in the wagon, they giggle and giggled as she tried to pull them, then one hopped out and pulled while she "pushed." hilarious. So after we played and played we got into the car and I was hoping to get L and H started on their nap on the way to get Ek. L had other ideas. I have turned my rear view mirror down to see the kids, ok to spy on them, H bugs L so much I need to keep a watchful eye. So they began by mostly giggling at each other, I'm not sure if either knew why. Then they practiced their pretend whining. I know its pretend because periodically they break out in giggles before returning to whining. sigh. Do they really need practice? Then they returned to all giggling at each other. Then L would stick her barefoot over to H for H to tickle. Then more pretend whining. Then the real whining began, so I pulled over and gave L her ba and duck. H tried very hard to be still and quiet according to my prompting and L feel asleep. ahhh. While L was falling asleep H was kinda grimacing, I was watching him really closely to make sure I hadn't hurt his feelings while "prompting" him to be quiet! He finally caught my eye and I smiled at him. We smiled back and forth until he broke out into a giggle. I looked away to keep his giggling quiet and when I looked back he was working hard to make his fingers into a sign language "I love you." Oh, that melted my heart. I love that little guy.

No comments: