Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beautiful day for pancakes

I think I did it today, I wore my kids out. After school we went to TCS soccer games, then came home and played next door and then were off to the pancake supper. They are tired. We were all dressed for spring and it felt like spring so we went for it. Ek had the most fun at the game, several friends were there for their older sibblings, they all played and played. Several friends brought treats for snacks to have during the game, I kept telling my kids 'no' and wondering why I was worried about spoiling their supper. L enjoyed the pancakes-- ok, really, it was the syrup-- the most but H cleaned his plate. H was confused as to when Pops was coming if we were having pancakes for supper. L managed to spill 3 drinks- 2 teas and 1 milk, we did not earn a parenting award for that one, I think she spilled all 3 in different ways too, I am sooooo thankful for sippy cups. J was just happy that he ate supper, he is improving. It was really fun to see friends out and about, sticky from dinner.

1 comment:

Megan Shirley said...

Katharine, I smiled at your comment about your Dad coming over for pancakes for supper - I remember him making us pancakes for supper at your house on a few occasions growing up (we never did breakfast for dinner at my house and I thought it was strange in a wonderful way). We have pancakes for supper at our house now and love 'em almost as much as the kids do!

I am so encouraged by your blog. Thanks for sharing your life with us. However, Claire wants to know where the picture of the kids swinging went - she was fond of it:)