Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Growing H



Today at the park, H looked different. I wonder if I will read this one day and see this glimpse of him... he was just walking around playing like he always does. He had on jeans and a polo shirt and his tennis shoes, his face was flushed from playing hard except that place over his right hear that stays white. There was a boy there that is in K4 at Trinity that we do not really know, Ek knew of him. He was a very daring little boy and I could almost hear the song, "Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you..." It wasn't that H was trying to outdo him, it was just that he was seeing if he could do all the boy could do. And he could, well except the monkey bars. H was just walking around with his shoulders high, his little arms bent at the elbows slightly and he was just joyful and strong. I looked over at a friends little boy who is L's age with his little wiffle ball and bat and his little crocs on and I could just see H there, that was him! So little and cute and now H is growing all the time and getting ready to be in K4. I gave H a big hug and asked him when he had grown so big! He just laughed and let me swing him around. He is a good boy, strong, smart and kind. He loves me and J, he loves his sisters, his grandparents and his friends. I have just been reading about David being a man of valor and I pray for my H that he will seek God and his will and that he will be patient to wait on God's call on his life, serving him all his days.
H two years ago and now

No comments: