Saturday, March 21, 2009

Super Saturday



What a fun day! We began this morning with the 1 mile fun run and it was fun. Ek and H ran the entire mile, holding our hands and finished at about 11:30. I do confess they wanted to stop a few times, but we just cheered them on and they made it. It was so wonderful to hold their little hands while running. I just think that is what this life should be about right now!



Then I was off to my run, so sad that J was not running too. But he cheered me up by telling me they were going to chase me in the car and cheer me on. I saw them 3 times. It was awesome. I knew I would see them between 4 and 5 mile and I was just counting on it. I paused to give them all a high five and couldn't wait to see them at the finish line. It was a beautiful day for running, cool air, low humidity and beautiful blue sky. It was really a lot of fun. I finished just under an hour, which I was very pleased with, it is about my normal time and the course today was really hilly, so I was pleased. I even managed to get a picture with the winner, Susanne is such an awesome runner, she finished at 43 minutes, I was so proud of her.


The kids learned how to run silly from Pops, it is one of their favorite things to do right now. It makes us laugh.

After the race, we came come and made a quick turn around to the parade. Mopsey packed a picnic and we had a great time sitting on the curb and watching 90+ groups go by. The kids really seemed to enjoy it this year, I don't think any of the 3 missed a single group. Even L would sit on the curb and just watch them go by. She was also watching very closely for candy.



Another big interest has been Lucky the Leprechan. Our first spotting was at the pancake supper, then at Ek's school, then at the race and finally at the parade. H was horrified the first time but warmed up to him so much so that after the race today he said, "Lucky is going to be so happy to see me at the parade, he'll probably say, 'hi, H!'" But he wasn't quite brave enough to stand in front of him to have a picture taken, Ek was.

Also so wonderful that Pops decided this was their St. Patrick's Day tradition, he has been with us 3 straight years, mom 2 straight years, we love spending this day with them. They were great cheerleaders today.

1 comment:

Megan Shirley said...

So proud of you Katharine! You look fantastic! Is that what happens when you stop being pregnant and breastfeeding?? Looks like a fun day!