Monday, March 16, 2009

Compassionate Little Brother

I was very pleased with H's response to Ek in the car tonight... She was playing with a piece of paper and got a paper cut on her lip, she was very upset, it hurt! Saturday night H busted his lip while in the jumpy thing- really its a pretty common occurrence for H to bust a lip. H was offering all kinds of suggestions, "Ek do you want some of Daddy's medicine, that helped my lip yesterday?" (anything in the past is 'yesterday' to H) Ek was very upset and didn't really receive his love well but he kept trying. My favorite was "Mommy, play 'we wish you a Merry Christmas' in Spanish, that will help Ek's lip, wouldn't it Ek?" Ek agreed that Feliz Navidad would help and thankfully I could find it and it did help tremendously. By the time we arrived at dance, it had stopped bleeding and she was fine. I was so pleased with H that he took his trial, learned from it and tried to help his sister though a similar trial... I think we all can learn from that!

No comments: