Tuesday, November 18, 2008

With love to Wal-mart

L and I made a trip to Walmart this morning to buy 2 of my favorite things- new organizational things and gifts for my kids, Christmas gifts that is. Seeing Thanksgiving on my calendar next week got me anxious, good anxious I add, to mark a few people off my list. It was fun! I got new scooters for everyone, a Barbie glittery one for Ek that claims it is 'sporty and chic,' just what every girl needs, a Razor scooter for H, and a Princess ride-on for L. Now the problem is I have weeks to wait to see them go! I am a very impatient present giver. Ok, and the new organizational things, I had a Tupperware party several weeks ago for a really sweet friend and I got so much stuff, so exciting, but I had to rework some cabinets to fit it all in! So I reorganized my craft cabinet and I must say, I think it is the best yet. I don't know why it feels so good to have cabinets straight and tidy, but I must say again, it does! I think there may be a spiritual application here, I feel so much better when my insides are straight. HA!- but true. Speaking of... we had a great last Bible study today, I felt very catapulted into the Holiday season, especially with my new Bible under my arm. Oh I do pray it will be the best yet, full of love. That is my biggest request and desire, to love well. Mom told me she heard a sermon several weeks ago about 'and these three remain, faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love.' The preacher said the reason love is the greatest is because in Heaven it is the one that will remain. So my new focus is love. Wow this has been some paragraph, from Wal-mart to Love. Hum, I guess I was at Wal-mart because of love though. true, true.

In other news. I got a play by play of the playground activity from both of my children today. I can't say they have ever given details like this, I will try to recreate as best as I can remember... first H: 'so I played in the house, but not with Mitchell, and not with Tucker, and not with Jack and Jack, well maybe with Mitchell, and then I went and got into the cars, and then I played in the sandbox, and then I went to the swings and then Jack- but not the other Jack- we rode cars into the swings, it was so much fun...' side note, the swings are tire swings and the cars are those little tikes Flinstoneish cars, I can imagine that was pretty good fun. Now Ek: 'we were on the playground and the teachers yelled "K4 line up!" and AJ said, 'i'm not going to line up, we just got here,' but he ran over there anyway and it was just Mrs. Stephens class, so we chased him round and round the playground, and then I saw Caroline so I stopped to play with her, and then we were singing Little Sally Walker and Aj doesn't like that song, well he doesn't like to sing it but he doesn't mind if we sing it, so we sang it.' I love details! Ya know as I write this I guess both of those conversations are kinda like my blog, random and full of details. Gracious, what will they be like!? I'd better be careful.

No comments: