Sunday, November 2, 2008

October 31st

Here is is Nov 2nd and I realize I forgot to write about our even festivities of Oct 31st. It was a bit confusing but much better this year to explain to Ek why we do not trick-or-treat. I even got to hear her tell a friend at school with all confidence but humility that we do not celebrate Halloween. So, I purposed to make it a fun family night. I was going to make homemade pizza but there was a bbq dinner at school so we picked up plates after school and we ready for supper. When all woke up from naps, we jumped in the car to run to Wal-mart to buy a new family game. I chose with the kids imput and we returned home. We rode bikes around the neighborhood. We ate dinner. We took our baths. We greeter our one trick-or-treating friend from school who was quite a Wonder Woman with her ballerina friend-- Ek gave them candy and closed the door giggling. We played our new game, Candyland Castle over and over. Pops and Mopsey arrived. Daddy came home. The kids went to bed. We had a wonderful day that I could settle in my heart, we had great conversations with the kids about why we made the choice we did, they giggled and smiled and had a great evening. It was a great family fun day.

1 comment:

Megan Shirley said...

It is great to hear of someone else who doesn't celebrate Halloween. We thought we were the only ones! We did costumes for a "Costume Parade" that I started just so we could have a fun non-Halloween occasion to dress the kids up. Luckily our school doesn't mention Halloween either and keeps it real with a Fall Festival. No witches or ghosts at our house. I like the idea of a fun family night. We will have to keep that in mind as the kids get older.

Megan Shirley