Monday, November 10, 2008

Created for Love

I have had a theme of thanksgiving in my thoughts over the last years since I have had children at how God has created us as people so uniquely designed for relationships. His Word points to it so clearly and we can also see it so clearly in how we live our lives. I think it first struck me when caring for infant Ek, she didn't just like me and decide to stay, she didn't have a choice and needed me with all her life. If she was hungry, all she could do was cry. We so desperately need each other. We also need the One who sustains our lives now. I was Ek's provision from God for life. Sea turtles' mothers are not there when their eggs crack open. I am so thankful I was there when Ek breathed her first breath, it was loud and beautiful. Oh I am so thankful. This leads to the next thought, John 13:35 'By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.' Oh Lord, I would just love to love well. Help me to start with my children, even when they disobey.


A few more pictures of the wedding. I love my mom so much, I am just so thankful for her. And I hope the boys received our love in being there. Mom kept saying she wouldn't have missed it for the world, she wanted to love them for Denise. That is just not normal, she has some great Love in her. There is a great song of Jonathon and Lisa's that talks loving like you are loved. Isn't that awesome, we love because He first loved us. And we should love others like we know it. Thats what she does.

No comments: