Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't worry

Andy Stanley preached a great sermon several weeks ago that I listened to this morning on my ipod while out on a brisk morning jog. He preached from Matthew 6:24-34 about worrying. Of course I'd heard the passage before, I'd actually been thinking on it the last week or so, but I love how he makes it make sense in my life today. Pastor Stanley said we can easily see where our devotion is because that is where our worry is too. We do not worry about the things that don't matter. We worry about the things that we care the most about. And of course that God is much greater and able to care for all areas of life. It has just been a wonderful test in my heart today as I think about my life, think about my worries and think about the future. Do I really trust? Where am I worried? Is God there? Has He been there? I can count on it. And I love too that he reminded that we have work to do, that Jesus especially didn't set the example of being a slacker and waiting on God to come through. God has given us roles to play and He is there with everything we need including the faith and hope to see it through.

No comments: