Saturday, January 23, 2010

Worth the wait

Today we had a moment that the Grandmothers have been waiting for. All those years of saving those toys, moving them around, keeping them clean--- all paid off. Ek and H had a ball playing horses today- H with J's horses from his childhood and Ek with my 'my little ponies.' Ek did say I needed more that I didn't have my stable carrying case full enough and I told her that that was all I had, but now that I think about it-- when I was her age, I couldn't have agreed more. HA! The built stables, took them on walks and took them our train rides. It was quite sweet, as always, to see them having fun together. Amazingly they were not jealous of the other's horses but were content with the ones they had. So, thank you Mom and Emma Jean, for saving those ponies all those years for our afternoon of fun today. Although I must say, today wasn't the first day of play for this herd of horses (I'm almost positive "herd" is not right), they have been favorite playmates for some time.



No comments: