Sunday, January 3, 2010

Laughing with, not at, L

While in Athens, L gave us a good laugh, thankfully not a good scare. The GA game was on. I tried hard to keep the kids occupied so J could enjoy the game. The kids and I had a blast on the swing with Pops. L wasn't quite big enough to swing on her own so I had the huge joy of holding her while Pops pushed us. The sheer joy on her face almost brings tears to my eyes to think about, she loved it so much. We had so much fun on that amazing swing. We came in and the kids mostly played garage. It was one of those amazing times where they were all quietly and happily playing side by side. I fixed a bit of dinner for the kids and grown ups. I tried to time it for half time so J would actually eat. I served mom and dad with about a minute to go and sat down too. Then L, sweet little L, locked herself in the bathroom. She wasn't upset, I think she was actually pleased with herself. She tried to turn the knob, I guess she forgot that she turned the knob below to lock the door and realized she was stuck. She at no point even let go of a tear, she just played naively while we wondered how to get her out. "L, can you unlock the door" mom said. "I can't, I don't have the key!" was her reply. A minute later, "L can you turn the little knob?" To which L replied, "Not now, I'm gonna take a shower." Little big person. So brave J and Dad put up the ladder to the second story window, performed a marvelous Spiderman move to reach from the ladder to the window and crawled through. I think J was a bit surprised the next morning to see how far it was from the ladder to the window. L wasn't surprised to see J climb through and not concerned at all to get out. She's a hoot. And a joy to watch grow up.

One more quick L story. The other day in McRae, she was really upset with H at one moment, she came crying and whining. We were trying to comfort her and ask what H had done. She is great with an instant reply reenactment to report wrong doing. Her reply to this tragic moment was "H said rrrroooaaarrrrr!" I asked her again just so J could hear, what happened L? "H said rrrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!" We couldn't help but bend over laughing. She did too.

No comments: