Monday, January 25, 2010

Frozen phone

Several months ago, my home phone went missing. I probably didn't realize it for several days, just long enough for the battery to die so I couldn't page it. I have been meaning to buy a new one but just really can think of other things I'd rather spend my money on. The phone in the bedroom, that I got in high school, works just fine, although it is not a portable, so I have spent a bit more time sitting while talking, which cuts way into my multi-tasking time. I cleaned out the top shelf of my pantry last week and ran across the other phone that works on our receiver that had not been used since Texas, did I mention Sam had chewed up the head piece terribly?So I decided to see if it would charge, it would be nice to have caller id again and be able to be mobile. So today I was looking through caller id to see if anyone had called and didn't realize I had missed Kim's call, and Leanne's, and Scott and Whites, and Tim's, and Cassie's, and Emily's and, Susanne's Charlotte number and wait a second! these calls are in Texas! The last call was on June 13, we closed on our home on the 15th, moved into to chez Kim and Wayne and welcomed our sweet baby H on the 28th. Wow, what a little time capsule. A little glimpse at my life almost 5 years ago. I remember being so tired of good-byes and tears and last times. And I still miss them. Still miss those faces and places and hugs. So grateful for that sweet time. So grateful there will be a day when good -bye will never be said again.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Tears...and sighs...and smiles. Grateful for a tangible reminder of love and joy and hope and expectation of all three without end!