Monday, January 11, 2010

"Hide and Seek"

My kids are needing a bit of help in their play of Hide and Seek. And I guess I'm the one who needs to get them where they need to be. #1 Poor Ek. Last night when they were playing I teamed the girls up against the boy. I was really hoping they could find spots made for 2 and Ek could keep L quiet. No such luck. When H would come near, L would pop out with her toothy grin ready to show where they were. Ek did not enjoy that too much. So note to self, help L understand the concept of being found. #2 H needs a bit help learning to stay quiet. H was hiding in the bathroom the other day from L. L comes running into the bathroom, "Daddy, where's H?" Just as J was opening up his mouth to say, "I don't see H," H blurts out, "Daddy Don't tell her I'm in here!" No, note to self, Help H understand he needs to be quiet! #3 L is still coming along in her counting. I remember when Ek was learning to count, she had a thing against "one." He counting for the longest time was "2, 2, 3, 4..." L has a thing against 3. She counts "1, 2, 5, 8!" So note to self, help L with her counting so the others have a few more seconds to hide. They need it.

On a side note, L is feeding me cereal and raisins by the morsel as I type. Sweet thing.

No comments: