Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cleats

I made a fun purchase today. Sure, I live a bit vicariously through my kids. Somehow I think it is important to see their lives, and while watching, remember my childhood-- the real and the what if. My childhood could not have been better, maybe my kids will say that one day too. So anyway, both kids are going to play soccer in February. Ek has only played soccer at soccer camp and she did great. H has played one season and he did great. Today I went and bought Ek some soccer cleats. Nike soccer cleats. They are black with a while swoop. They are so cool. I hope she feels like she can run like the wind and kick the ball from one end to the other in them. That is the feeling that comes over me when I look at them. Mom gave me my soccer cleats several months ago and I put them on for the first time in years yesterday. so. much. fun. It just took me back. But in a new way. I felt like I was so young when I got out there to play with Ek and H and yet so grown up to be playing soccer in the yard with my kids. It was so fun coaching them and teaching them so of what I know. I can't wait to watch them play again. It will be a crazy month with Ek playing at school and H playing rec, but it will be fun. I pray they will continue to grow healthy and strong and that we will be very aware of how to use that strength for God's glory.

No comments: