Saturday, July 18, 2009

Off

Yesterday I had the afternoon off. J and I were supposed to go to St. Simmons for our anniversary but I was sick. and disappointed. very disappointed. So J told me to go to bed and rest. J, Grady and Emma Jean took care of the kids and I did not get out of bed for 6 hours. that's right, 6. ahhh. On my way to bed, I grabbed a Sprite, 1/4 of a turkey sandwich, comfy clothes and The Shack. I read the whole thing. that's right, the whole thing. I got out of bed so energized. Not feeling tons better, but feeling so much better. yeah, I heard that sentence.
One of the things that struck me so much about that book was this: When the man was sitting at table eating with the Trinity, they were eating with him and asking him questions about their kids. He got frustrated and said, why are you eating? Why are you asking about my children? You don't eat! You know everything. God gently said that he was right but that He limits himself to be able to relate to his children, to have relationships with them. He went on to say it is like a father playing ball with his son or a mother reading to her child, they are capable of so much more skill and knowledge than they are displaying at that moment, but they limit their skill to have relationships with their children. I think that is an amazing thought, that God listens to our prayer to spend time with us. That makes me want to sit down and pray to spend time with Him.
Many thanks to all who gave me an afternoon off.

No comments: