Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dead Worm

Last night J took Ek and H to the Polhill's for a Bible study family cookout. They had a ball. The kids both had a bunch of friends to play with. They guys discussed the upcoming "Glory Revealed" concert that they are sponsoring. They came home joyful and energized. Ek was holding a ziploc bag. The contents was a worm. yep, that's right. a worm. She named it Kelly. I told her it couldn't live in a ziploc bag and she said that was ok, it already died and that was ok. She said she didn't get to go fishing so Mr. John let her put it in a bag to take home so she could fish with it later. thank you. Today when she was playing with Caroline it made its way to the trash. Ek was not home 10 minutes before she was looking for it! devastated to hear of its trash fate. She got it out of the trash. well sort of. It was on top and she was upset that I had put my swept trash onto, so there it stayed. I mean really, what do I make of this. One, I think it may be time to get a goldfish. If she is this excited over a dead worm, what would a live goldfish do for her?! Second, it makes me question how often am I satisfied with "dead worms?" symbolically speaking of course. I hope that my affections are right based on good provision of God. His word reminds me, Every good and perfect gift comes from above from the Father of Lights with whom there is no shifting or changing. James 1:17 God gives much better gifts than dead worms. (that is a great sentence to end on, don't cha think?!)

No comments: