Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lake Rabun 3

Even though I took 243 pictures (!), I didn't come near to capturing every favorite moment. So here are a some of those. I really loved sitting in the house and looking through the open windows through the trees and seeing the lake, especially with Mom and Milly Friday when Drew and L were asleep. It was so wonderful to get to sit quietly and visit. And the moment later watching Big Daddy throw a can into the woods and deny it/ blame it on Memaw was not bad either, actually it was a hoot! And I look forward to the Easter egg hunt/ can gathering event to take the cans to recycling! I think that laugh was worth at least one mint oreo.
I also really loved Saturday night fireworks. It was amazing to sit in the boat talking with Ben about life watching boats with their little lights on pour onto the lake anxiously awaiting the sky to get completely dark and being thankful we weren't in west TX so we wouldn't have to wait 2 more hours for the sun to go down. And then they begin. L was interested for about the first 3 and paid none other a moment of attention. Ek finally let go of her ears about 10 minutes into the show. But the last several minutes, Milly pointed out the amazing silhouette of our little heads perched on the front on the boat, eyes glued to the show, with the reflection of colors dancing around on the water as explosion after explosion took off into the sky. Wow, what a sight, no camera could have gotten that one well.
Ben and I took our little versions of ourselves on a quick canoe ride to the waterfall. That was crazy to see little Will and little Ek all huddled down in the canoe off on an adventure. The water was truly ice cold on our little feet. It was quite fun to show them that hidden place.
Somehow Saturday afternoon, Mom, Dad, Ben and I were the only ones left on the dock. Strange but true. and nice. I love those 3 people. Amazing to sit peacefully with those who have always been there. what a gift.
John and I took Ek on an adventure to find a newspaper. Ok she didn't know what the search was for. And amazingly we couldn't find one, it could have been like looking for a bear, but I'm glad we didn't find one of those. We did find the fireworks awaiting fire on the dam, a deer, a donkey, a drive-in movie theater, a new rug for the porch and a lemonade. I'd call that an adventure. And we did make a u-turn.
I'm sure in a minute I'll think of some more to add, but for now... post.

1 comment:

Kim said...

July 4th was on the road...and we thought of fireworks on the water in GA near 9pm and finally being able to shoot them off about 10:30pm in west TX with jackets on! How fun to see that you thought the same!