Saturday, July 25, 2009

Done

Yes, I do blog. Not sure why I didn't this week. hmmmm. Oh yeah! 5 dental appointment in 2 days! Not sure how many actual cavities were filled. More than 10. Less than 20. So here is the breakdown. My brother is a crazy amazing dentist. He fixed I think 3 fillings on me. maybe 2. not sure. I am not very brave in his chair. Drills make my brain vibrate. but done! Yeah! No more plans for my mouth except brushing, flossing and swishing, then back when we can for more cleaning from Ben. His staff is so great. I love his Tangie. He told me that her daughter created the word "Praiseallulujah." Love that. I think of it a lot, am not quite bold enough to say it out loud yet. Ok, next. Ek is braver than I am. I got numbed 4 times for one tooth. She didn't want any. Her first filling Ben snuck it in, yep that's how good he is. but, she didn't like it. So for the next one, none. And she didn't even whine. awesome. Super, super proud of that girl. NEXT. H. H was a brave guy too. Again, me the mommy a bit emotional. Couldn't handle leaving G'ville without something fixed in his mouth, the first dentist didn't quite get that idea, the next one sooo got it. He sat down, sat H down and filled every hole that was in H's mouth that shouldn't be. H sniffed on laughing gas and managed to get through it. He did not enjoy at all me holding his hands away from taking everything out of his mouth. But like I said he made it! Several months ago, J saw a friends son who was newly but in glasses and not happy about it. J checked him over and helped him understand what the situation was. J's friends were so appreciative, they just could not get over how kind J was. Now I get it. When someone is above kind to your child, there just are not enough words of appreciation. I was so humbled by his kindness, his patience with H, and his diligence to get his mouth fixed. H doesn't seem to remember much of the visit and awoke from his post-dentist nap to chow down on his long waiting lunch with no problems. ahhhh. I told the kids that next summer lets go for no cavities and a cleaning followed by a trip to the zoo instead of trip after trip to get all fixed up. Please help us Lord!

No comments: