Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Unsupervised H

Tonight Tara and I hosted a neighborhood Christmas party. It was great, everyone seemed to have a nice time. Tara and I agreed that we all love to belong to something and tonight it just felt nice to belong to our neighborhood. I do pray we are beginning to build relationships that will bless God. We had a lot to do in preparation, so here goes:

Yesterday after decorating the tree (which went really well, ie nothing was broken!!),


(is it me or is Ek doing the 'bend and snap?')


We made Red velvet cupcakes. After we made them, H and L were a bit fussy also know as tired. So I set H up on the couch to watch a cartoon and L and I went to the playroom to play, aka get her to stop crying. Ek was sitting at the counter playing a game with the cupcakes in front of her cooling. About 30 minutes later, the cartoon was over, L was not crying anymore, so we returned to the Living room. Ek tells me H has eaten a cupcake. I walk over to the kitchen to find he has eaten part of NINE cupcakes. What in the world? I will ponder that for a long time. I showed them to him tonight when they were at the party with frosting and sprinkles and asked him if he wished he had waited, he said yes. I mean really, NINE? Oh, H. But Dr. Dobson says I deserve it, he says that if you leave boys unsupervised you had better be ready to deal with the consequences. Yeah. I get it.

This morning L helped me dip pretzels into chocolate. I'll let the picture speak for this one.

I love my kids.

No comments: