Thursday, December 18, 2008

right?

The Santa conversations have really stepped up in my house, actually mostly in my car. It is quite obvious where the starter is... Ek was asking today, 'but mommy, Santa is coming to town, right?' Where have I heard that? Oh yeah, its a song. sigh. 'he brings gifts to town, right?' I tried to explain that he was a kind man who did give gifts, and now his stories remind us to give kind gifts to everyone just like Jesus came for everyone. It was quite comical to keep hearing her say, 'but he is coming to town, right?' no. It was also comical how actively H was listening, he was trying so hard to figure it all out too. Maybe this will be our biggest questioning year. Then I made the mistake of asking what she wanted mommy and daddy to give her for Christmas. Her reply was a doll that really poops, eats and talks. uh-oh. That wasn't on her list a month ago.

No comments: