Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sleep, what sleep?

I was so glad to hear my mom say the other day that when she put B and I to bed as children she was 'done' for the day. I am usually also 'done' by this time, if not before!, and I consider her a great mom so maybe there is hope for me. So I'd like to report some of the sleeping drama from the last several weeks. I wrote yesterday about H, but there has just been a lot lately. Several weeks ago J and I came home from a Christmas party to find the babysitters report that Ek and H had fallen asleep together in Ek's bed. Ek reported the next morning that they did not talk at all, they just went right to sleep. Ek spent 1 night in H's room followed by 4 nights in L's room. I wrote about her rubbing L's head to get her to go to sleep. Then this weekend while mom and dad were here, Ek slept in H's room Friday night and H woke her up with the light on while looking for his paci... then Sunday morning L tried to wake her up at 5:41, she was so excited to see Ek in her room that she was saying in her sweet high pitched voice, "Kate, Emkate, Hi Kate, Kate, etc." I got L out of there to let Ek sleep, rocked her for 45 minutes and she fell back asleep for 15 minutes. Tonight Ek tried to convince us and L to sleep in the pink baby bed in her room that the mattress is the size of a standard pillow. She even went and got her lovies, ba (paci) and blanket. L did humor Ek for about a minute with her feet hanging off the side before she got up and started walking for her room. Then Ek tried to convince us that H could sleep there. We consented that H could sleep in the bed with her. I told them to face away from each other, snuggle with their animals and go to sleep. 'Whhyyy?' they asked. 'We could snuggle with each other.' 'Ok,' John and I said with smiles. We'll see. I told Ek that when her Cinderella clock said 8:10, they need to go to sleep. I was noticing that H was all in blues and yellows while Ek was a blur of pink and purple, how does that happen? Anyway, I rejoice that they all like each other so much right now. And I document it here. Don't worry, I'll give a sleep update when I have one. Good think we started early.
The update ;) Ek came down after 30 minutes and said H was not whispering, he was talking and she couldn't sleep. H came down 10 minutes after that saying he couldn't find tiny elephant. J took him to his bed. They were asleep in their own beds within 5 minutes. I'm so glad they wanted to snuggle though. :)

No comments: