Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thankful



Today was a very nice Christmas Day. God gave me a great gift of seeing some glimpses into my kids hearts that just make me smile. When we were opening gifts, the first all opened their new ride on toys, then L opened her new baby doll. I was a bit nervous to see how Ek would react, if she would be jealous in any way, but she was quite the opposite, she rushed right upstairs to get a baby bed for the baby and a bottle. She didn't even think to go and get hers until she opened her next gift which was new clothes for her baby to match, the look on her face was priceless, total excitement. By the end of the day I realized Ek thinks L needs a bit of help with hers, the two babies stayed close under mama Ek's watchful eye the rest of the day. But L was quite excited about her, when she first got her, she hugged her so tight and gave her lots of kisses, it made me a bit crazy happy.

The next highlight was our birthday party. We had a ball coloring the driveway, and blowing bubbles, but we all agreed one of the best parts of the day was sending our balloons into the sky to Jesus. Some days I do wish we could just float up there to him, Ek even spoke to that as we watched them. (Please don't miss Ek's outfit, like you could, as if she didn't have some beautiful new clothes to wear, she deceided to keep on the last outfit from her lunch entertainment fashion show, she kept this on for the rest of the day.)

My other highlight was prayer, Ek prayed "Thank you Jesus Christ our Lord who was born in a manger and wrapped in swaddling clothes. I hope you have a Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas."

They of course loved opening gifts this morning and rushed right up to say 'thank you' impromptu. And we just loved being home together, a quiet day. It was wonderful to have Grady and Emma Jean with us and Dave. We had an amazing lunch and and a great afternoon playing outside in the 70 degree weather. And we can't wait for the other half of the family to arrive beginning tomorrow. Oh and I loved J getting me new earings, he thought of me :)

It is an amazing, inexpressible thing to be able to celebrate love and humility. Giving with everything. It is just too amazing. If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't. Boy that doesn't make sense, but its true. Jesus putting on the flesh of a man, to bring us love, forgiveness, hope, peace... wow, its much more that just simple, busy celebration, it truly is a lifestyle, but so nice to have a season to think of it, to think on it long and well, and to make sure to tell those around us, I love you and I think of you and I think of Him too.

No comments: