Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nut at the Fox

I had the amazing blessing of accompanying my dearest mom and adorable daughter to Atlanta to go see the Atlanta Ballets performance of the Nutcracker at the Fox. Oh. my. It was, in a word, wonderful. Simply wonderful. We had a delightful brunch across the street from the Fox. directly across the street. Ek fancied the steak with her eggs and Shirley Temple, whereas I was a big fan of my cranberry scone. Mom enjoyed her fruit. Dad enjoyed the coffee.
The girls were about to jump out of their seats and leave us for the Fox they were so excited. The Fox is so amazing and so beautiful. Stunning, really. I was a bit gawky at all I could see. I hadn't been since mom took me to see Cats when I was in middle school.
Ek was so excited about the performance and was tickled to sit on a booster to see better. She peaked all around in binoculars while she nibbled on her popcorn and waited for it to begin. I love that she knows it so well she knew what was coming and even noticed the differences between ours and theirs. No cherubs. No sugar plums. She also made me giggle during the battle scene. First of all, she thought their rats were too skinny. ;) She began squirming a bit and said, 'this is getting a big scary.' I reminded her that she knew how it would end up, that Clara would be fine and she would get that ole rat king. And get him she did! The whole performance was so beautiful. I personally loved the doll and the dew drop. Just fabulous. Can't wait to go again. I told J it was like our team won and no one dropped the ball. Wonderful. And super fun to go with our dear dear C and C. Here are C and Ek with their soldier cheeks.

No comments: