Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kicks


From the time H could appreciate shoes, he has called his running shoes his "fast shoes." It probably began with me wanting him to be motivated to put them on-- fast. I got him a fun pair when school began and he wears them everyday. So well in fact, that he has worn holes in the toes. Good work H! I like well worn shoes. We were riding on the bus last week on our way back to school after a field trip and I pointed out that our seat mate had Nike's on too. She said, "Yes, but H's are very old." Well, not especially true, but well loved. H got a new pair of fast shoes this weekend from his generous Grandma. He was so excited. He just knew he would be much faster in his new ones-- probably the fastest on the playground. He said this like 5 times before he went to school Monday. He was disappointed to learn that was not quite true. I told him it was the muscles in his strong legs that made him fast and the more he ran the faster he would be. He didn't look like he fully believed me, but oh well. I love that he loves to run. And I hope he has many fast runs in his new kicks. And I guess this is true for many things in life, we want to just get something new to be better, but really we need to exercise what we've got- read our Bibles, pray, trust, hope, expect, love.

No comments: