Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas pondering

Today we were listening to Third Day's Christmas CD in the car. There was a line in a song about Jesus crying for the world. I have often wondered over the last 6 years what it must have been like for Mary to raise a child that was without sin. I wonder what his cries sounded like and what he cried about. When I heard that line today it really struck me. s Jesus cry for the world? Did the part of him that was fully God ache to live as a baby in our fallen world? Did he feel the helplessness and depravity of man? I know my soul aches eternal glory. My soul aches for crying to be done. I treasure the verse in Revelation that our tears will be wiped away. Jesus was temped in every way, yet was without sin. He has passed through the heavens and is our great High Priest who sympathizes with our every moment, he's been here. as a baby. Can you imagine going from Creator to helpless? dependent? I sure can't. What did his cry sound like?

Also today, my Christmas present came. It was delivered in little box this morning. It was not identifiable so I had to open it and see what it was (that is my story and I'm sticking to it!). Once I saw what it was, ohhhh I want it. But its not time. Israel waited 400 years in silence after the last prophet waking for the arrival of their Messiah. It does not compare to waiting for a Christmas gift. But a lesson and reminder in waiting is good for me, for all of us. I also can't wait to give. I begged J last night to let me give him his gift. Nope, he wants to wait. Can you imagine what heaven felt as it waited for the birth of Jesus, it must have been humming. The angels were so excited that night that nothing could hold them in. What must those shepherds have thought. One day we will know more. There has got to be big screens in Heaven with replays. Those reruns will not be filler for a new season I'm sure.

No comments: